┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┃ 日本データベース学会 Newsletter
┃ 2021年5月号 ( Vol. 14, No. 2 )
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
----
目次:日本データベース学会受賞特集号
----
1. 日本データベース学会功労賞
1-1. 日本データベース学会功労賞を受賞して
井上 潮(東京電機大学 教授)
2. 日本データベース学会若手功績賞
2-1. 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して 〜日本データベース学会の「懐の深さ」に感謝〜
白石 優旗(筑波技術大学 准教授)
2-2. 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して
アダム ヤトフト(インスブルック大学 教授)
2-3. 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して ~包容力のあるコミュニティ~
張 建偉(岩手大学 准教授)
2-4. 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して
大島 裕明(兵庫県立大学 准教授)
3. 日本データベース学会上林奨励賞
3-1. 日本データベース学会上林奨励賞を受賞して ~How to Find a Good Research topic: My Experience
in Data Privacy Research~
曹 洋(京都大学 特定助教)
3-2. ⽇本データベース学会上林奨励賞を受賞して ~N度⽬の正直~
高橋 翼(LINE株式会社)
=======================================================================
■1■ 日本データベース学会功労賞
日本データベース学会功労賞は、我が国のデータベース、メディアコンテンツ、情報
マネージメント、ソーシャルコンピューティングに関する科学・技術の振興をはかり、
もって学術、文化、ならびに産業の発展に大いに寄与された日本データベース学会の
会員の功労を賞するためのものです。
表彰規定や歴代の受賞者は以下のWebページからご確認いただけます。
日本データベース学会功労賞:http://dbsj.org/overview/award/#award_02
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■1−1■ 日本データベース学会功労賞を受賞して 井上 潮(東京電機大学 教授)
このたび、日本データベース学会から功労賞という大変栄誉ある賞をいただきました。
私がこの賞をいただけるとは全く思っていなかったので、驚きとともに、この上ない喜
びを感じております。また、これまで46年間にわたりデータベース分野の研究開発を
続けることができて、大変幸せだったと思います。
私が仕事を始めた1975年頃は、まだデータベースは普及しておらず、ファイル処理が
中心でした。その後、階層型およびネットワーク型のデータベースが使用されるように
なり、1980年代後半になってリレーショナルデータベースが導入されるようになりま
した。システムで扱われる当時のデータ量は現在と比較すると格段に少なかったのです
が、コンピュータの性能はそれ以上に低く、特にハードディスクからの入出力処理がボ
トルネックとなっていました。
その後、1990年代になってコンピュータの性能が大幅に向上したことによって、それ
までの数値・文字だけの世界から、画像・音声などを含むマルチメディアの世界へ拡大
しました。また、データベースの役割もデータを単に蓄積・管理するだけでなく、いつ
でもどこでも利用者の目的に合った情報として扱うことが求められるようになりまし
た。2000年代になると、大量のデータから知識を獲得する試みが盛んに行われるよう
になりました。
このような過去を振り返ってみると、いくつか重要な知見が得られます。まず、コンピュ
ータの性能向上と価格低下は劇的に進むということです。これに伴って、過去の常識
は現在の非常識になっています。例えば、コンピュータが非常に高価な時代には、複数
のグループ間で時間調整をして1台のコンピュータを共同で利用するのが常識でした。
また、リレーショナルデータベースはオンライントランザクション処理システムには使
えないといのが定説でした。一方、昔から変化していないものもたくさんあります。デ
ータベース分野で言えば、リレーショナルデータモデル、トランザクション、SQLな
ど、基本的な部分は当初からほとんど変わっていません。従って、データベース分野の
研究者または技術者として長く仕事を続けていくためには、変化するものとしないもの
を見極めて、変化しないものを若い時にしっかりと修得しておくことが重要と考えられ
ます。
DEIM2021のデータベース学会功労賞記念講演では以上のような話しをさせていただ
き、最後に「最強の長期記憶媒体は紙である」と述べました。これまでに様々な種類の
ディジタル記憶媒体が登場してきましたが、数十年経過すると媒体自体が劣化したり、
媒体を読める機器やソフトウェアがなくなったりするため、データが利用できなくなり
ます。しかし、紙に書かれたものは適切に保存されていれば、数百年経過しても完全な
形で利用できます。これに対して、会場から「脱炭素社会への方向と逆行するのではな
いか」というご質問をいただき、その場では十分な回答ができませんでした。そこで、
この場を借りて補足させていただきます。
現在、世界で消費されている紙の約1/4が情報・印刷紙で、主に木材を原料として作ら
れ、コピー用紙やチラシ、冊子などに使われています。紙を使う目的は情報の表示、配
布、保存ですが、紙の使用を長期の保存が必要な情報だけに限定し、それ以外をペーパ
ーレス化することができれば、紙の消費量を大幅に削減できると思います。
最後に繰り返しになりますが、功労賞をいただき大変ありがとうございました。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■2■ 日本データベース学会若手功績賞
日本データベース学会若手功績賞は、本会の活動に多大なる貢献をしてきた若手会員を
賞するもので、本会の対象とする研究分野において優れた実績を有する場合もその対象
となります。
表彰規定や歴代の受賞者は以下のWebページからご確認いただけます。
日本データベース学会若手功績賞:http://dbsj.org/overview/award/#award_03
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■2−1■ 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して 〜日本データベース学会の「懐の深さ」に感謝〜
白石 優旗(筑波技術大学 准教授)
この度は、日本データベース学会若手功績賞という栄誉ある賞を頂き、大変光栄です。
ご推薦頂いた先生方をはじめ、日本データベース学会の皆様に、心より御礼申し上げま
す。
私と日本データベース学会コミニュティとの出会いは、今から9年前、2012年に京都産
業大学河合由起子先生のもとに特任研究員として着任したときに遡ります。1年間とい
う非常に短い間でしたが、河合先生はもちろんのこと、同大学の秋山豊和先生、中島伸
介先生、筑波技術大学の張建偉先生(当時、現岩手大学)、京都大学田中克己研究室の
皆様(当時)を始め、日本データベース学会コミニュティの皆様には非常に大きな刺激
を受け、人生を変えるきっかけとなった濃密な1年間でした。
私は、いわゆる複雑系科学の分野で博士号を取得しており、その後、その応用としてニュ
ーラルネットワークの産業応用研究に、本コミュニティと関わらせて頂くまでの8年間
注力してきました。学生時代には、自分の興味のみに従って深く物事を追求してきたの
ですが、仕事としてはもっと社会に、未来の子どもたちに貢献できることをやりたいと
思い、応用研究に携わってきました。その中で、ソーシャル・コンピューティングの可
能性に強く惹かれ、いわゆるビッグ・データ解析と複雑系科学との関連性から、京都産
業大学で一緒に研究をさせて頂く機会を幸いにも頂くことができました。この様な一見
門外漢の私を受け入れ、また活動の機会を与えてくださった本コミュニティには「懐の
深さ」を強く感じており、感謝の気持でいっぱいです。
京都での夢のような1年間を経た後、張先生の後を追うように現在の職場である筑波技
術大学に着任することとなりました(すごい縁です)。筑波技術大学は、残念ながら一
般にはあまり知られていないのですが、日本で唯一の聴覚障害者、または視覚障害者の
みを受け入れている国立大学法人です(皆さんの周りに、耳や目で不安を抱えている方
がいらっしゃれば、ご紹介頂けると幸いです)。
現在の私は、聴覚障害を持つ学生、ろう・難聴学生を対象に手話を併用した授業を行
い、また、ろう・難聴の学生と一緒に、障害当事者ならではの視点を活かした研究に主
として取り組んでいます。特に、障害に関係なく、誰もが誰かの情報を支援する
ISeee Project(Information Support of Everyone, by Everyone, for Everyone)
においては、筑波大学の森嶋厚行先生や岩手大学の張先生と一緒に、クラウドソーシ
ングとアクセシビリティを結び続け、新たな支援のあり方を提示するような研究をして
います。その様な中で、学会発表や学会活動において(広義の)データベースとアクセシ
ビリティを結び続ける活動を継続的に行ってきたことを評価していただいたことが、
今回の受賞につながったのではないかと自負しております。
今回の若手功績賞の受賞は、これからの活動の応援として受け取っております。受賞に
恥じないように頑張っていきたいと思いますので、引き続きご支援の程よろしくお願い
いたします。最後に、福岡、高知、京都、つくばと、転勤を重ねる私の研究活動をずっ
と支援し続けてくれた妻いづみに感謝します。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■2−2■ 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して
アダムヤトフト(インスブルック大学 教授)
Dear friends, Dear all DBSJ community members,
It is a great honor for me to receive the DBSJ Young Researcher’s
Achievement and
Contribution Award. Actually, this is the second award from DBSJ as I have
also received the
DBSJ Kambayashi Young Researcher Award in the past. Both are for young
persons, so I am
happy I am still considered young (although, my wife would definitely
disagree here :-) ).
With this occasion, I want to express my deep gratitude to my great mentors
who influenced
me so much both in the professional and private lives: Prof. Katsumi
Tanaka, Prof. Masatoshi
Yoshikawa and Prof. Yukiko Kawai. Very special thanks go also to all the
faculty members of
Kyoto University’s Tanaka lab (which is now past but will always remain
eternal), who helped
me so much and who were my great friends at the same time. I also send my
thanks and best
wishes to all the members of Prof. Tanaka’s group at NICT in the Keihanna
area that I had
pleasure to meet and collaborate with. It was so much fun to work with you
all!
The time has come for me to venture into new places. If we stay too long at
the same good
place, we will never know what the world looks like outside there. “Don’t
you think so?” I am
thus on my learning path now. I encourage you to look for chances of
working at foreign
institutions or staying for some time abroad to gain experience. This will
probably change you,
just like the experience in Japan has shaped me. Also, travelling abroad
will help you make
useful life-time connections. I hope that I myself can be such a connection
for some of you.
So please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need any help or want to
collaborate, or just want to say hi.
My research has started with Web Archives. Then after the great advice of
Prof. Tanaka
I extended my focus to broader topics related to the temporal and
history-related aspects of IR
and NLP areas. I have also stayed open for other research areas like social
media mining, text
readability assessment or citation recommendation, and even crime analysis
& prediction!
I think that curiosity and imagination were always driving my research. I
tended to first come up
with a novel and exciting research task, and then to find a way to solve it
(or not..).
But anyway, I think this was a good approach, at least I enjoyed it much
over the course of
time, and I think I could propose something quite new in the end.
It is a great benefit of being in academia that you can do what you like or
dream about,
and that you can choose to work with the people who you really like. So
precious!
With this I am going to conclude. I wish the DBSJ community to keep doing
the fantastic work it does.
Everyone, please stay safe. And the last thing I shall say is: “I’ll be
back!”.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■2−3■ 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して ~包容力のあるコミュニティ~
張 建偉(岩手大学 准教授)
この度は、日本データベース学会若手功績賞という栄誉ある賞を頂き、大変光栄に思
います。ご推薦くださった先生方をはじめ、日本データベース学会の皆様に、心より
感謝申し上げます。特に、この場をお借りして、筑波大学大学院生時期の指導教官の
北川先生・石川先生(現名古屋大学)、京都産業大学研究員時期の中島先生・河合
先生、学会活動・研究活動の多面にわたってご指導を頂いた筑波大学の森嶋先生・
天笠先生、同じく受賞された筑波技術大学の白石先生に、深くお礼を申し上げます。
DBSJ Newsletterの読者に、若手研究者や留学生が多くいらっしゃると思いますの
で、私の経験を用いてこれらの方へメッセージをお送りします。
これまでの私の学会活動を振り返ってみると、主にiDBの国際連携、DEIMのローカル
アレンジメント、WebDBの情報保障、日本データベース学会論文誌の幹事、関連学会情
報処理学会DBS研究会の運営委員、TODの編集委員などを担当してきました。私は自ら
積極的に人に接していく性格ではなく、学会の仕事は知り合いの先生にお声がけいただ
き、始めました。最初は右も左もわからずドキドキしながら取り組んだと印象深く覚え
ております。優秀な方々ばかりのコミュニティで自分がうまくいけるかと思うときも多
いですが、学会の運営には多様な人が必要です。学会の運営委員は、シニアや中堅の先
生もいれば、若手の研究者もいます。賢く立派な方もいれば、地味な仕事をこなす方も
います。学会運営に参加すると、偉大な先生方でも優しく指導してくださる方がほとん
どだとわかります。
学会の運営には、本業やプライベートの時間が奪われますが、得ることがより多いと思
います。特に感じている2点をあげます。
一つ目は、人脈が広がることです。(積極的に接しようとしなくても、)仕事を一緒に
すると、所属が異なる方々と自然に交流できるようになります。(自分がそれを望んで
いなくても、)人に名前を覚えてもらえます。共同研究に繋がっていく可能性もありま
す。就職活動の時にも、学会の活動業績があると、そのコミュニティに認められている
と思われ、プラスになるでしょう。
二つ目は、経験を積むことは何より自分の大きな財産になります。会議の運営に参加す
ると、経験豊富な先生から、イベントの開催にどのような業務が必要か、どのように進
めればうまくいくか、勉強することができます。大学や会社の本業でもいずれ運営の仕
事が任されるため、若いうちに絶対経験したほうが良いものだと思います。論文誌の査
読者や編集委員の立場になると、どのような論文を採択に値するか、リジェクトになる
論文の問題点はどこにあるかを真剣に考えるようになり、自分が投稿する時に、それら
を避けて書くことにつながります。会議参加だけや論文投稿だけで意識できないものが
多いです。
学会運営参加の注意点として、仕事を受け入れたらまじめに対応し、対応できない場合
は無理やり受け入れないということが挙げられると思います。学会の仕事は所属の異な
る方々が一緒に行うもので、初めて一緒に仕事させていただく方も多いため、信頼関係
を築くことが大事です。仕事を安易に受け入れて、いい加減に対応することは逆に迷惑
になり、二度目の依頼は来ないでしょう。
日本データベース学会は、国籍、性別、分野、年齢を問わず、学会活動に貢献すれば評
価される包容力のあるコミュニティですので、若手研究者や留学生もぜひ学会運営に携
わりましょう。
私自身は本受賞を励みにして、今後も学会に貢献できるよう、より一層精進して参りた
いと思います。今後ともご指導、ご支援のほどよろしくお願い申し上げます。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■2−4■ 日本データベース学会若手功績賞を受賞して
大島 裕明(兵庫県立大学 准教授)
時は戻って2002年。倉敷で開催されたDEWS2002。増永先生による、かの有名な「日
本データベース学会ぶち上げ大演説」があったときのこと。増永演説翌日の夜に、若手
にしゃべらせろという企画がありました。いろいろな研究室から学生が出てきて、思い
思いのことを話したのでした。当時からまじめな私は、「質問の時に、『...大の...
ですけど、』とむにゃむにゃと名前をはっきり言わず、知られていて当然というように
話し始める人がいます。先生方はこの中では有名かも知れないけれど、私は知らないで
す。みなさん、名前をきちんと名乗りましょう。」という話をしました。私は当時、修
士1年生。多くの先生方の前で緊張して、メモを片手に必死にしゃべったことを覚えて
います。
そんな生意気なことをいいながら、一方では、私が「田中研の大島です」という名乗り
から始めれば、かなり多くの方に「あぁ、田中研なのね」という事前知識を持ってもら
った上で話を始めてもらえました。いわば、「このコミュニティーにおける有名研究
室」の恩恵を受けてきました。ぬくぬくと恩恵を受けつつ、DEWS、DEIM、DBWS、
DBWeb、WebDB、SoC、jDB、iDBといった会議を通して育てていただいたのでした。
受けた恩恵は、きちんと返さないと。
恩恵を返すべきは、DEIMには全然知り合いもいないけれど、面白そうだから発表しに
来た、というような方々にでしょう。たとえ知り合いがいなくても、面白おかしい研究
を発表して、面白おかしく議論をすることができるような場。それを実現するために、
今後も微力ながらお手伝いさせていただきたいと思います。
「田中研出身税」という概念を導入するならば、私は田中研出身税をまだ納付しきって
いないのです。学生時代に未納を続けて、たまりにたまった田中研出身税を、学位取得
後にコツコツと納付し続けていたのでした。そんな中で、今回、若手功績賞受賞をいた
だきました。ありがとうございます。このような賞をいただいたからには、なるほど、
今後も、納付を続けなくてはいけないなあと思っています。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■3■ 日本データベース学会上林奨励賞
上林奨励賞は、故 上林弥彦 日本データベース学会初代会長のご遺族からご寄贈頂いた資
金を活用し、データベース、メディアコンテンツ、情報マネージメント、ソーシャルコン
ピューティングに関する研究や技術に対して国際的に優れた発表を行い、かつ本会の活動
に貢献してきた若手会員を奨励するためのものです。
表彰規定や歴代の受賞者は以下のWebページからご確認いただけます。
日本データベース学会上林奨励賞:http://dbsj.org/overview/award/#award_04
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■3−1■ 日本データベース学会上林奨励賞を受賞して ~How to Find a Good Research topic: My
Experience in Data Privacy Research~
曹 洋(京都大学 特定助教)
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to the Database Society of
Japan (DBSJ) for
awarding me the Kambayashi Young Researcher Award. Taking this opportunity,
I would like to
share some thoughts on "how to find a research topic.” I hope to inspire my
peers and students
who are just starting their research careers.
First of all, I would like to introduce myself briefly. I received my Ph.D.
from Kyoto University in
2017 under the supervision of Professor Masatoshi Yoshikawa. Then I did
postdoctoral
research at Emory University with Prof. Li Xiong's group for a year as a
postdoctoral
researcher, and in 2018 I returned to Yoshikawa-Ma lab at Kyoto University
as a
program-specific assistant professor until now. My main research areas are
data privacy
and security. In particular, I am interested in differential privacy,
federated learning,
blockchain, and data market. Below, I summarized three keys to
"how to find a good research topic" through my journey.
(Please note that the following is a personal opinion and may not apply to
everyone.)
- Skepticism
In 2014, I started my Ph.D. research at Kyoto University. After several
months of discussion
with Prof. Yoshikawa, I decided on my research direction: data privacy.
What are the specific
problems I can study? How? I had no idea. Although I had already heard that
"in research,
a good question is much better than a good answer,” I don't know what a
good question in
data privacy is. After a few months of literature survey, I found many
papers that mentioned
that a fundamental problem in data privacy research is how to define
privacy. And they
all pointed to differential privacy, which is a mathematical definition of
data privacy.
Since differential privacy has already well-established, is there any need
to study how to
define privacy? Maybe differential privacy is not good enough in some
cases? This sounds
like a severe accusation because many privacy-preserving algorithms are
implemented
based on the definition of differential privacy. But I don't want to
believe it blindly.
I started exploring when differential privacy doesn't provide the
guarantees it defines.
Ultimately, we found that the privacy guarantee of differential privacy on
temporally correlated
data is not as exact as it describes. In short, we proved that the
guarantees provided by
differential privacy might diminish over time. This result is published in
IEEE ICDE 2017 and
selected as the top-6 best papers.
- Half new, half old
When I finished my Ph.D. thesis, my question was: what's my next research
topic?
At the end of 2016, I was a visiting student in Prof. Xiong's research
group at Emory University.
I learned many different topics in data privacy since their group mainly
focused on data privacy.
In 2017, I started my postdoctoral research at Emory. The first question I
thought about was
how to expand my knowledge and research area. Should I start over in a new
direction?
Or should I continue with my previous doctoral work on differential privacy?
The former’s advantage is that I can learn something new, but the
disadvantage is that there
is a learning curve and time cost because I have to study many new things.
The advantage
of the latter is that, after a few years of doctoral study, I have
accumulated my expertise on
differential privacy, and it is relatively easier to publish papers in
familiar research problems;
the disadvantage is that I risk myself being stagnant in a small area. In
my case, I chose
half new and half old: location privacy, which is a field very related to
differential privacy,
but different from it. In this way, I could learn something new, and at the
same time,
use the experience I already had.
- Finding the cold in the hot
When I became a faculty member at Kyoto University in 2018, my question was
still:
What is my next research topic? I thought about the following questions:
Should I follow
the trend of AI? We all know that AI is changing our world and is an
exploding "hot" topic.
One answer is no, because you should keep your own identity and uniqueness.
One answer
is yes, because you shouldn't ignore a field that is changing the world!
Ultimately, the answer
I gave myself was: keep your uniqueness in this impactful field. As you can
imagine,
my students and I are now working on a half-new, half-old topic:
differentially private
machine learning. It's not (yet) a hot area in AI, but I'm convinced that
we can create
extraordinary value by shaping a different future.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
■3−2■ ⽇本データベース学会上林奨励賞を受賞して ~N度⽬の正直~
高橋 翼(LINE株式会社)
この度は、上林奨励賞という栄誉ある賞を頂き、誠にありがとうございます。
まず、お世話になったみなさまに厚く御礼申し上げます。恩師である北川先⽣には、研
究者としての基礎を作って頂きました。今でも私にとって⽴ち返ることができる拠り所
です。そして、北川研の諸先輩⽅、同世代のメンバーや後輩の皆様と切磋琢磨できたこ
とも、今⽇まで研究を続けてこれた⼀因です。また、8 年半お世話になった前職のNEC
では、すばらしい上司や同僚に恵まれ、⼤変多くの機会を頂戴致しました。受賞のきっ
かけとなったWWWの論⽂は、NEC時代にCMUのChristos Faloutsos先⽣と取り組ん
だ研究になります。貴重な経験を通して、研究者として成⻑することができました。
DBSJの皆様とは、学会や共同研究を通して議論を交わしたり、ご指導頂いたり、⼤変
多くの刺激を頂戴致しました。このように私の研究成果は⼀⼈で成し得たものではな
く、多くの皆様に⽀えて頂いたおかげです。⼼から御礼申し上げます。
私はデータマネジメントにおけるセキュリティやプライバシに興味を持ち研究に取り組ん
できました。データベース・データ⼯学のトップ会議は壁が⾼く、不採択通知を受け取
ることは今⽇でも⽇常の⼀つで、採択に⾄る確度はそれほど⾼くありません。受賞のきっ
かけとなったWWW 2017の採択は、3回の不採択を経てようやく掴み取ったものです。
インターンと⼀緒に書いたICDE2021 の論⽂も、3 回⽬でやっと採択に⾄りました。
私⾃⾝の詰めの⽢さもありますが、トップカンファレンスでの⼀発採択はまだ経験した
ことがありません。10 年以上研究を仕事にしていても、学⽣のみなさんと同じ様に不
採択は精神的にキツいです。論⽂は不採択になるものだと開き直ることも時には必要か
もしれません。⼀⽅で、論⽂投稿や査読の良い点は、査読を通して世界の有識者とのコ
ミュニケーションの機会を得られることです。そのため、⾟い不採択も⾃分には伸び代
があるとポジティブに捉え、次に採択されるための成⻑痛だと思うようにしています。
諦めないことが何より重要だなと感じています。私⾃⾝も国際的に⾼いプレゼンスの獲
得が継続できるよう励んでいく所存です。また、学術的な新規性だけでなく、社会的に
インパクトのある成果を形にすることを⽬指して参ります。
この度は、栄誉ある賞を頂きまして誠にありがとうございました。上林奨励賞をきっか
けとして皆様とこれまで以上に⼤きな研究成果を共創できましたら幸いです。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
編集 北山 大輔 (日本データベース学会 電子広報編集委員会 担当編集委員,工学院大学)
本号ならびに DBSJ Newsletter に対するご意見あるいは次号以降に期待する内容について
のご意見がございましたら news-com [at] dbsj.org までお寄せください。
--------------------------------------------------------------------
--
Daisuke Kitayama
Interactive Media Lab.
Department of Information Systems and Applied Mathematics
Faculty of Informatics
Kogakuin University
Associate Professor, Ph.D
+81 3-3340-2683
kitayama(a)cc.kogakuin.ac.jp
北山大輔
工学院大学 情報学部 システム数理学科
インタラクティブメディア研究室
准教授 博士(環境人間学)
03-3340-2683(内線:2814)
kitayama(a)cc.kogakuin.ac.jp
dbjapanの皆様
IDEAS2021は今年25回目の記念開催となります。まだDBWorldには告知されていま
せんが、投稿締切が4月23日(+grace period)に延期されていますので、奮って
ご投稿をお願いします。
主催のB. C. Desaiはご夫妻でPfizerのワクチン接種を済ませて元気の様子です。
予断を許しませんが、状況が好転すれば7/14-16に本拠地モントリオールでのハ
イブリッド開催を予定しています。採択論文はACMのDLに収録されます。
今まで日本で2回開催され、毎年多くのご参加をいただいている日本と縁の深い
データベース専門の会議です。皆様のご投稿を心よりお待ちしております。
https://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/ConfSys/jsp/index.jsp
遠山@慶大(PC chair)
-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [DBWorld] IDEAS 2021 CFP, Call for Track papers
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2021 14:13:16 -0500 (CDT)
From: Will Knight via DBWorld <dbworld(a)cs.wisc.edu>
Reply-To: Will Knight <admin(a)confsys.org>
To: dbworld(a)cs.wisc.edu
25th International Database Engineering & Applications Symposium
IDEAS 2021
Concordia University
July 14 - 16, 2021, Montreal, Canada
CALL FOR PAPERS/PARTICIPATION/TRACK PROPOSALS
The annual IDEAS conference is a top international forum for data
engineering researchers, practitioners, developers, and application
users to explore revolutionary ideas and results, and to exchange
techniques, tools, and experiences. We invite participation of all
interested in this meeting which provides an insight into original
research contributions relating to all aspects of database engineering
defined broadly, and particularly topics of emerging interest
describing work on integrating new technologies into products and
applications, on experiences with existing and novel techniques, and
on the identification of unsolved challenges.
TRACK (TARGETED SESSION) PROPOSALS
As in the past, IDEAS 2021 will include tracks/targeted sessions on
current topics of interest to the community. This year, we would be
organizing several: some of which are proposed below. These special
tracks/themes will form part of the program along with the main event:
Big Data Applications (e.g. Environment, Urban Planning, Transport) ,
Bio-Informatics, Data Sharing, Security and Privacy, Smart Cities and
Data Analytics , Web and Cyber Security
If you and your colleagues would like to propose a track, please
contact the track chairs ASAP (well before deadline for the
CFP). Please include the topics, the track chair and the proposed
addition to the program committee to handle the submissions for the
track. http://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/IDEAS/ideas21/ideas21_track.php
All paper submission for IDEAS2021 would be via the corresponding
pages on ConfSys. Authors should sign up as userof the system at:
https://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/ConfSys/jsp/index.jsp
TOPICS:
A list of non-exhaustive topics can be found at:
http://confsys.encs.concordia.ca/IDEAS/ideas21/ideas21_topics.php
COVID-19:
We are hoping that by the time of the IDEAS 2021 meeting, the
vaccination program for Covid-19 would have ensured the ability of the
participants to travel in security. To accommodate any issues, we
would make arrangements to have an on-line option(as we have done for
IDEAS2020, the last meeting). However, we are looking forward to a
return to open skies and face-to-face meeting.
IMPORTANT DATES
April 23, 2021: Papers submission deadline: ++plus grace period
May 31, 2021: Notification of acceptance
June 27, 2021: Camera-ready deadline (Final Version of accepted submissions)
When submitting a paper, pl. select the appropriate track
unless you are submitting to the main event (indicated
by "General Pool").
CONFERENCE PUBLICATION
The conference proceedings will be published by ACM in their digital
library: the ISBN assigned by ACM to IDEAS'2021 is: 978-1-4503-8991-4
A hard copy version of the proceedings, to be distributed to the
conference attendees, would be prepared by BytePress: this is to mark
the silver annivesary of IDEAS.
ORGANIZED BY
Concordia University with the cooperation of ACM, BytePress.org,
ConfSys.org
GENERAL CHAIRS: Bipin C. Desai, Concordia University, Canada
Jeffrey Ullman, Standford University, USA
Program Chairs:
Richard McClatchey, Univ. Of West England, U.K
Motomichi Toyama, Keio University, Japan
Track Chairs :
Jorge Bernardino ISEC, Portugal
Jaroslav Pokorny Charles University, Czech Rep.
Publicity Chair:
Elio Masciari Univ.Federico II Napoli, Italy
Peter Revesz Univ. of Nebraska, USA
IDEAS Steering Committee
Desai, Bipin C. (Chair) Concordia University
McClatchey, Richard Univ. of the West of England,
Ng, Wilfred HKUST
Pokorny, Jaroslav Charles University
Toyama, Motomichi Keio University
Ullman, Jeffrey Stanford University
_______________________________________________
Please do not post msgs that are not relevant to the database community
at large. Go to www.cs.wisc.edu/dbworld for guidelines and posting forms.
To unsubscribe, go to https://lists.cs.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/dbworld
--
Motomichi Toyama, Ph.D
Department of Information and Computer Science
Keio University
toyama(a)ics.keio.ac.jp
http://www.db.ics.keio.ac.jp/
日本データベース学会の皆様
室蘭工業大学の服部です。
セマンティック処理に関する国際会議 SEMAPRO2021 のCFPです。
今年10月初旬に、スペイン・バルセロナで開催予定です。
論文投稿締切は 2021年 7月 5日 です。
多様な発表(投稿)形式が用意されております。
ジャーナルへの推薦も御座いますので、
皆様の御投稿をお待ちしております。
どうぞ宜しくお願い致します。
------------------------
INVITATION:
=================
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results to:
- SEMAPRO 2021, The Fourteenth International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing
SEMAPRO 2021 is scheduled to be October 3 - 7, 2021 in Barcelona, Spain under the NexTech 2021 umbrella.
The submission deadline is July 5, 2021.
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended article versions to one of the IARIA Journals: https://www.iariajournals.org
All events will be held in a hybrid mode: on site, online, prerecorded videos, voiced presentation slides, pdf slides.
=================
============== SEMAPRO 2021 | Call for Papers ===============
CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS
SEMAPRO 2021, The Fourteenth International Conference on Advances in Semantic Processing
General page: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2021/SEMAPRO21.html
Submission page: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2021/SubmitSEMAPRO21.html
Event schedule: October 3 - 7, 2021
Contributions:
- regular papers [in the proceedings, digital library]
- short papers (work in progress) [in the proceedings, digital library]
- ideas: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- extended abstracts: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- posters: two pages [in the proceedings, digital library]
- posters: slide only [slide-deck posted at www.iaria.org]
- presentations: slide only [slide-deck posted at www.iaria.org]
- demos: two pages [posted at www.iaria.org]
Submission deadline: July 5, 2021
Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals: https://www.iariajournals.org
Print proceedings will be available via Curran Associates, Inc.: https://www.proceedings.com/9769.html
Articles will be archived in the free access ThinkMind Digital Library: https://www.thinkmind.org
The topics suggested by the conference can be discussed in term of concepts, state of the art, research, standards, implementations, running experiments, applications, and industrial case studies. Authors are invited to submit complete unpublished papers, which are not under review in any other conference or journal in the following, but not limited to, topic areas.
All tracks are open to both research and industry contributions.
Before submission, please check and comply with the editorial rules: https://www.iaria.org/editorialrules.html
SEMAPRO 2021 Topics (for topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)
Call for Papers: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2021/CfPSEMAPRO21.html
============================================================
SEMAPRO 2021 Tracks (topics and submission details: see CfP on the site)
Basics on semantics
Fundamental of semantics processing; Semantic-based techniques for feature selection; Semantic-based pruning; Semantic interoperability; Semantics uncertainty; Semantics pre-processing and post-processing; Semantics harmonization; Constraint-based semantics processing; Embedded semantics into the discovery process; Semantics in spatial and spatio-temporal models
Ontology fundamentals for semantic processing
Ontology learning; Ontology for semantic interoperability; Ontologies and data pre-processing; Ontology-based evaluation and semantic patterns; Global core ontologies; Progressive ontologies; Bridging semantics through ontologies; Ontology mapping and ontology visualization; Ontology in information systems; Ontology-based semantic mediation; Ontology design and maintenance for conceptual model integration; Reverse engineering of ontologies from conceptual model; Ontologies for explanation generation
Semantic technologies
Basics of Ontology and Semantic Web; Semantic storing, computing, representation, communications; Semantic-driven system design; Syntactic and semantic processing models; Hardware and software support for semantic processing; Microprocessors for semantic processing; Multi-model semantic systems; Semantic annotation of multimedia supports; Semantic multimedia information retrieval; Natural language semantic processing; Context-based semantic processing; Content-based semantic processing; Scalability to the Web level; Performance in semantic processing; Information security in semantic processing; Explaining semantic processing and its results
Models and ontology-based design of protocols, architectures and services
Fundamentals in theory; Modeling methodologies; Models and Ontology-driven Technologies (for the communications system design); Models and ontology relationships; Multi-models coherence. Models and ontology-based communications services and protocols; Semantics of services and service modeling; Protocol models and semantics; Application and quality of experience semantics; Services and protocols semantics; Models and ontology-based cross-layer services and architectures design; Models and ontology-based software frameworks; Composition of Services and Composability rules; Cross-layering services models, components and implementations
Semantic Deep Web
Ontology plug-in search; Information extraction from the Deep Web /e-commerce sites/; Semantic Deep Web annotation and indexing; Deep Web-based ontology; Semantic Deep Web crawlers; Semantic browsing and visualization; Semantic Deep Web data fusion; Semiautomatic ontology generation; Metrics for quality of ontology; Similarity measures for ontology alignment; Measurements for quality of search; Tools for semantic Deep Web; Experience extraction from the Web
Semantic reasoning
Reasoning methods; Reasoning for the Web; Ontology expressiveness; Ontology alignment, mapping and merging; Expressing formal semantics; Languages (RDF, RDF Schema, OWL, etc); Robustness of reasoning on the Web; Patterns on semantic reasoning; Querying and searching; Scalable and tolerant reasoning; Dynamic reasoning for the Semantic Web; Ontologies and problem-solving methods; Computational learning theory; Approximate reasoning/computing; Strategies for abstraction and compression of information; Cognitive semantic reasoning; Attention semantic scoping; Recency-based self-optimizing memory; Cost-benefit trade-off reasoning models; Negotiation in obtaining near-optimal reasoning results under bounded resources; Case-based reasoning
Semantic content searching
Methodologies for innovative information retrieval technologies; Combinatorial search; Massive search-spaces with heuristics (e.g., based on Monte Carlo simulations); Searching using metadata, semantics, and ontology; Advanced searching in digital libraries; Advanced use of RDF and OWL; Expressiveness of the content ontologies; Inherent inconsistency and incompleteness of data on the Web; Scalability of semantic processing; Specialized search engines (Hakia, Matrixware and seekda)
Hypertext and hypermedia semantic
Hypertext techniques and semantic applications; Hypertext and ontologies; Hypertext semantic models; Spatial semantic hypertext; Self-organized hypertext; Semantic adaptive hypertext; Web and hypertext link analysis; Hypertexts and semantic Web; Hypertext semantic applications
Semantic voice-video-speech (VVS) searching
Engines and methods for VVS advanced searching; Patterns in VVS searching; Contextual VVS searching; Rapid VVS searching; Accuracy in VVS searching; Noise in VVS searching; Performance in VVS searching; Metrics for VVS searching; Text and VVS searching; Applications of VVS
Semantic multimedia
Efficient storage of structured data that scale to a very large size; Automatic generation of multimedia presentations; Advanced process for multimedia information mining; Semantic metadata extraction; Annotation tools and methods for content semantics; Media ontology generation/learning/reasoning; Semantic multimedia streaming; Semantics enabled multimedia applications /annotation/browsing/storage/retrieval/visualization
Semantic social media
Community detection and evolution in social media; Recommendation and ranking systems; Search in social media; Event detection, trend identification and tracking in social media; Influence, trust and reputation in social media; Opinion/sentiment analysis, polarity identification; Feed distillation and ranking blogs; Mining microblogging and real time data; Folksonomy, tag semantics, clustering and usage; Advertising models for the social web; Indexing social media content, index freshness; Visualizing social network data; Spam detection, social network spam and profile spam
Semantics for sentiment/opinion analysis
Architectures for generic sentiment analysis systems; Sentiment analysis techniques on social media; Document-level analysis; Sentence-level analysis; Aspect-based analysis; Comparative-sentiment analysis; Sentiment lexicon acquisition; Optimizing sentiment analysis algorithms; Applications of sentiment analysis
Semantic networking
Semantic-based QoS (Quality of Service) control and scheduling; Semantic QoE (Quality of Experience) evaluation; Semantic-based Internet data streaming and delivery; Semantics enabled networking and middleware; Semantic routing; Semantic interfaces
Domain-oriented semantic applications
Semantics for managing pharmaceutical data; Semantic processing for biomedical knowledge; Speech, text and picture recognition; Semantic email workflow and content; Semantic blogs and wikis; Semantic email addressing; Semantic web and digital libraries; Semantic processing in e-Health; Semantic-driven tutoring systems
Economics and governance of semantics technologies
Organizational views; Legal; Business; Regulations; Assessment; Standards; Harmonization; Cross-nation mediation
Semantic applications/platforms/tools
Market for semantic technologies; Applications, services and systems based on semantic processing; User friendly semantic system integration tools; Ontology-based data transformation and data migration tools; Ontology mapping tools and languages; Ontology-enabled interoperability in e-science, life sciences, e-business, culture; Commercial cost models for semantic applications; Semantic solutions for business intelligence; Semantic processing platforms ; Supporting ontology platforms/tools (Protégé, etc); Semantic query languages (SPARQL, etc); Ontology-enabled search engines; Semantic Web search engines; Interoperability of data, systems, and organizations; Experiments and lessons learned; Standard activities
------------------------
SEMAPRO 2021 Committee: https://www.iaria.org/conferences2021/ComSEMAPRO21.html
Publicity Chairs:
Lorena Parra, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
José Miguel Jiménez, Universitat Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
To stop receiving notices about SEMAPRO, please reply with "DROP SEMAPRO hattori(a)csse.muroran-it.ac.jp" in the subject field.
To stop receiving any notice, please reply with "UNSUBSCRIBE hattori(a)csse.muroran-it.ac.jp" in the subject field.
IARIA
PO Box 7827
Wilmington, DE 19803